viernes, 8 de mayo de 2020

poem for mom



POEM NEVER ENOUGH
Arianna: Sometimes I know the words to say to give thanks for all you've done,
but then they fly up and away as quickly as they come.

Matias Ch: How could I possibly thank you enough, the one who makes me whole,
the one to whom I owe my life, the forming of my soul?

Martina: The one who tucked me in at night, the one who stopped my crying,
the one who was the expert at picking up when I was lying.

Matias: The one who saw me off to school and spent sad days alone,
yet magically produced a smile as soon as I came home.

Emiliano: The one who makes such sacrifices to always put me first,
who lets me test my broken wings, in spite of how it hurts.

Anthony: Who paints the world a rainbow when it's filled with broken dreams,
who explains it all so clearly when nothing is what it seems.

Jose: Are there really any words for this? I find this question tough.
Anything I want to say just doesn't seem enough.

Juan Pablo: What way is there to thank you for your heart, your sweat, your tears,
for ten thousand things you've done for oh so many years.

Felipe: For changing with me as I changed, accepting all my mistakes,
not loving because you had to, but loving just because.

Paula: For never giving up on me when your wits had reached its end,
for always being proud of me, for being my best friend.

Joaquìn: And so I come to realize, the only way to say,
the only thank you that's enough is clear in just one way.

Santiago: Look at me before you see what I have become.
Do you see yourself in me, the job that you have done?

Ma. Jose: All your hopes and all your dreams, the strength that no one sees,
a transfer over many years, your best was to pass me.

Samuel: Thank you for the gifts you give, for everything you do,
but thank you, Mommy, most of all for making dreams come true.
Sebastiàn: Mum, thank you for keeping me close to your heart.
Thank you for never allowing me to fall apart.

Martina: Thank you for holding me up for all these years,
But most of all, thank you for drying my tears.

Danielle: Thank you for teaching me how to be strong.
Thank you for showing me right from wrong.

Romina: When I fell down and had nowhere to go,
You held me close to your heart and called it home.

Matìas E: When the whole world let me down and left me astray,
You told me that tomorrow comes a new day.

Mateo: Thank you for keeping me ashore through this mystic storm.
Thank you for carrying me until I was born.

Lucy: I never told you how much you mean,
But through these words, hopefully you will see

Martìn: You saved me from the fire and pain.
You walked me through every ounce of rain,

Camila: And I know that I have hurt you more than enough.
I have let you down and made life rough.

Carlos: Even through this, you remained my only charm.
You protected me within your arms,

No hay comentarios: